Dr. Damian Davy
Dr. Damian Davy has been delivering training on behalf of The Learning Curve Institute since 2014. Damian is a Chartered (Senior) Psychologist, Psychotherapist, Clinical Supervisor, EAP Consultant and Academic with 32 years experience in the EAP field, twenty six years working with the EAP for the Irish Government and received the 'Minister's Award' for his contribution to innovative health and safety projects at work.
Since 1986 Damian has trained in a vast range of EAP and Psychology related areas and currently owns a private practice Phoenix Centre/ Phoenix Consultants, where he provides a range of one-to-one and organisational services.
His particular areas of interest include the development of EAPs, Continuing Professional Development, Research, Ethics, Recruitment, Selection and Assessment, Life and Business Coaching, Profiling, Work-Life Balance, Outcomes/effectiveness of therapy, CBT and CISM/Trauma Work.
A founder member of the Employee Assistance Professionals' Association he has also served as Cathaoirleach (National Chairperson) of the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. Damian is Irish representative with the EAEF, former board member of EAPA International and a former member of the EAEF research task force. He is an Associate Fellow and Chartered member of the Psychological Society of Ireland.
- Doctor of Psychology (Doc. Occ. Psych.)
- Master of Science (Honours) Work & Organisational Psychology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Psychology
- Diploma in Counselling, Trinity College Dubliln
- Certificate in Counselling, St. Patrick's College, Maynooth
- Certificate in Addiction Studies, Aiseiri Treatment Centre
- Certificate in EAP, institute of Personnel Management
- Certificate in Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy
- Certificate in Critical Incident Stress Management
- Level A Occupational Testing (British Psychology Society)
- Level B Personality Profiling (British Psychology Society)
- Level B BarON EQi emotional intelligence measure
- Level B BarON EQi Leadership/Coaching framework -advanced
- Level C Psychopathology MMPI-2 Assessment (Profiling)
- Level C Psychopathy Testing PCL-R
- He also holds the international EAP credential - CEAP