The aim of this training is to raise workers’ knowledge and awareness of the basic concepts and skills involved in professional record keeping. The training will be a mix of theory and practice. It will be interactive and practical. There will be examples of good and bad record keeping and there will be space for workers to reflect on their own record keeping style and look at ways of improving this.
- To provide space and time to discuss record keeping issues as they exist within the group.
- To build on and expand existing knowledge and confidence in relation to record keeping among the participants.
- To increase the knowledge and skills of the participants in relation to their record keeping; this will be achieved through a combination of scenarios and role plays.
- To build confidence in workers in relation to their record keeping.
The methodology used in this training will be a combination of the following:
- Participative: The participants will be asked to contribute to the training both in the large group and also in smaller ones. There will be a number of exercises throughout the training that are designed for the group to be split up into smaller groups.
- Experiential: The training will allow participants to contribute by using examples of anonymous clients that they have worked with or are currently working with and exploring the record keeping of these clients, how the information will be recorded, what will be recorded and why.
- Theory into practice: The training will allow some role plays that will encourage participants to put the theory of record keeping into practice.
- Information giving: There will be handouts and information on relevant reading that will be distributed at each days training.
- Worker led: The training will be flexible to the needs of the group.
Connect with Trainer
Where appropriate, The Learning Curve Institute will also distribute a unique pre-course questionnaire to each attendee in order to ensure the training meets the needs of everyone in the room and is tailored to a suitable level while also covering specific situations or scenarios as highlighted by the group.
The Learning Curve Institute also offers a bespoke post course support system whereby participants are provided with the contact details of the trainer and are free to contact him/her with any questions they may have.
All materials will be provided by The Learning Curve Institute.
Please contact The Learning Curve Institute on 098 25530 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.