Remote Learning: Transgender Awareness Workshop
The aim of this interactive workshop is to enable participants to gain a practical understanding of best practices for working with trans people and their families. The main objective is to enable participants to understand the basic transgender and non-binary terminology and to feel more comfortable when working with trans people and their families.
The training is suitable for health professionals, equality, diversity & inclusion teams, universities and people leaders in corporate settings.
The workshop is delivered live on Zoom. The course will allow you to interact with the trainer and other participants in a virtual classroom where, in addition to the workshop content, there will be time built in for live discussions, questions and answers.
Note: Attendees will be expected to have their cameras on during the training. This helps generate engagement and interaction with their trainer and other participants. Please let us know in advance if special circumstances mean that a participant does not have access to a working camera or may have to turn off their camera occasionally. It is not permitted to record this workshop.
Members of The Psychological Society of Ireland can receive 4 credits on completion of this workshop and there is other accreditation pending.
One full day training
At the end of this workshop participants should have the tools to:
- Understand the various terminology and language that is important to transgender individuals.
- Understand trans and gender non-conforming people and the life challenges they face.
- Engage more effectively with trans and gender non-conforming people and their families
- Understand the treatment pathway process for trans people and their families in Ireland and abroad.
- Attain an understanding of some of the real-life challenges and co-existing issues experienced when working with trans people and gain practical skills to address them.
- Gain an insight into misunderstandings about trans people, dispelling myths
- Adapt practical skills for helping trans people and their loved ones to find the individual pathway that is right for them.
The methodology used in this training will be a combination of the following:
Group discussion and interaction
Practical skills learning
Suggestions for further learning and reading
Connect with Your Trainer
The Learning Curve Institute will distribute a unique pre-course questionnaire to each participant in order to ensure the training meets the needs of everyone taking part and is tailored to the appropriate level, while also covering specific situations or scenarios as highlighted by the group.
The Learning Curve Institute offers a unique post course support system whereby participants are provided with the contact details of the trainer and are free to contact them with any questions they may have.
All attendees will receive an eCertificate of Completion in ’Transgender Awareness’ from The Learning Curve Institute.