Paul is an experienced Accredited Psychotherapist, an Addiction Counsellor, and Clinical Supervisor with the Irish Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (IACP) and the Addiction Counsellors of Ireland (ACI). He has worked with those suffering homelessness and those with substance addictions (both drug and alcohol problems) for more than 25 years, and established his private practice in 2019.
- Worked as an Addiction Counsellor within Residential and Community settings.
- In Childcare working in Residential settings for young homeless people.
- An Outreach Worker in a Community based service working with early school leavers.
- Various Outreach positions, including services working with rough sleepers with drug and alcohol problems.
- Project work within the Residential Homeless services for adults.
Previous Management Positions:
- Chief Executive with Aiseiri Addiction Treatment Centre (2013 – 2017).
- Chief Executive with Coolmine Therapeutic Community (2005 – 2013).
- Emergency Service Manager with The Dublin Simon Community (2002 – 2005).
Responsible for the establishment and development of a range of Detoxification and Residential Treatment Services for the homeless, and sufferers of drug and alcohol problems, as well as the implementation of organisational strategies to promote change.
- MSc in Clinical and Public Health Aspects of Addiction – Institute of Psychiatry, National Addiction Centre, Kings College, London, England. (2001).
- BSc in Counselling and Psychotherapy – Middlesex University, Hendon, London, England. (2010).
- Diploma in Integrative Clinical Supervision and Advanced Reflective Practice – Institute of Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, Dublin, Ireland. (2012).
- Diploma in Addiction Studies – Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland. (1997).
Other Relevant Qualifications:
- Certified Yoga Teacher, 200 Hours, Yoga Alliance Professional Standards – Alphazone School of Yoga, Waterford, Ireland. (2017).
- Mindfulness Integrated CBT – Applied Course – MiCBT Institute, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. (2013).
- Certificates in Mindfulness-Based Teacher Training: Levels One and Two – University of Bangor, Wales. (2012).
- Fully Accredited Member and Clinical Supervisor with the Addiction Counsellors of Ireland (ACI)
- Fully Accredited Member and Clinical Supervisor with the Irish Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (IACP)