NEW - Remote Learning: Community Reinforcement Approach Training (CRA)
Community Reinforcement Approach (CRA) is a behavioural intervention programme designed to support recovery from substance use disorders. This is accomplished by replacing the environmental contingencies that have encouraged alcohol or drug use with prosocial activities and behaviours. Consequently, it utilizes social, recreational, familial, and vocational reinforcers to assist consumers in the recovery process. It’s goal is to make a sober lifestyle more rewarding than the use of substances.
This workshop will be delivered live on Zoom: This will allow you to interact with your trainer and other participants in a virtual classroom where, in addition to the workshop content, there will be time built in for live discussions, question & answer sessions and skills practice. You can access the course wherever you have an internet connection; on a desktop, tablet or even a smartphone.
Suitable for: Psychologists, Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Nurse Practitioners, Youth Workers, Social Care Workers
This workshop is eligible for CPD points from The Addiction Counsellors of Ireland.
The aim of the two days is to familiarise participants with the evidence based treatment approach, CRA, and to upskill them in delivering this intervention to substance misusers. CRA is empirically evaluated and consistently reflects positive outcomes for substance users. The aim of this training is to encourage confidence in participants in delivering this evidence based treatment. This will be facilitated throughout the training by providing time and space for the participants to put the theory of CRA into practice.
- To provide space and time to discuss CRA and how it fits into current practice.
- To learn how to deliver CRA and key elements in this programme.
- To upskill in an evidence based treatment approach through group work.
- To understand how relationship, collaboration and engagement contribute to successful positive outcomes.
- To provide information and allow some practical examples on ways of dealing proactively with complex clients (through CRA).
Participants will receive handouts and relevant literature via email to enable them to develop their understanding of CRA. There will be the opportunity over the training to allow participants to experience “real” situations and scenarios to transfer the theory of the course into practice.
- To explore CRA.
- To equip workers with information and skillset in delivering CRA.
- To build on and expand existing knowledge in relation to CRA.
- To increase knowledge and promote best practice in relation to working with substance misusers.
- To allow time and space for participants to reflect on current practice in the area of treatment.
The methodology used in this training will be a combination of the following:
- Participative: The participants will be asked to contribute to the training both in the large group and also in smaller ones. There will be a number of exercises throughout the training that are designed for the group to be split up into smaller groups.
- Experiential: The training will allow participants to contribute by using examples of anonymous clients that they have worked with or are currently working with.
- Theory into practice: The training will allow some role plays that will encourage participants to put the theory of CRA into practice.
- Information giving: Participants will be emailed handouts and information on relevant reading.
- Worker led: The training will be flexible to the needs of the group.
Certificate of Completion in “Community Reinforcement Approach Training” from The Learning Curve Institute. An accreditation process is available if required.
Connect with your Trainer
The Learning Curve Institute offers a unique post course support system whereby participants are provided with the contact details of the trainer and are free to contact him/her with any questions they may have.