The QQI Level 5 Community Addiction Studies Component Certificate is aimed at participants who wish to expand their knowledge of addiction, drugs and their use/misuse.
Learners who successfully complete the QQI Level 5 Community Addiction Studies Minor Award will:
- gain a knowledge of addiction, different drugs and their effects
- become familiar with the process of addiction
- gain a knowledge of how addiction effects individuals, families, and communities
- develop skills in communicating about drug/alcohol issues and addiction
- develop skills in understanding appropriate responses to addiction
- develop a critical awareness of attitudes towards addiction